Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Basics For Becoming Animal Ag Armed

Starting today I will begin blogging to producers from Animal Ag Armed.  Things are happening in our animal agriculture industry that grassroots producers must be made aware.  I have been struggling to separate two types of stories for the past two years: my trust building positive ranching story  that I want consumers to hear, and the story of insidious animal activists attacks that I want my fellow producers to know. This has been hard for me to separate.  But today I'm splitting the two on the urging of my daughter who suggested I start a completely different blog for producer's concerns. So here I am ready to inform you.

 I will rewind to 2004 when I first realized there was a problem for animal agriculture producers. Through  personal stories from fellow ranchers shared with me at national agriculture events that year a common theme emerged- radical animal activists, environmentalists, and sympathetic government officials were intent on bringing down animal agriculture. Neighboring states were being affected and I was warned that our state wasn't immune. As each year passed and I attended more animal agriculture meetings the stories became numerous and more absurd.
I began reading up on anything I could get my hands on that had to do with these attacks on our industries. 
I attended two Animal Ag Alliance Stakeholder Summits in Washington D.C. absorbing all I could  so that I could share the information with my fellow beef producers.
This blog is a way to dispense urgent information that will affect your family and their future right to farm and ranch.
Extreme animal activists and their cohorts are years ahead of us; they're organized, technically savvy and have a huge budget to push their agenda---to Abolish Animal Agriculture.  They have made their way into our children's school textbooks, onto college campuses and are swaying a generation of young minds. The tentacles they have created are reaching into local, state and federal governments and a growing number of universities are graduating animal lawyers at an alarming rate. 

Below you will find two important sites. HumaneWatch.org is one of the best places to go if you're needing up-to-date information on HSUS' plans of destruction for animal agriculture.
Animal Ag Alliance is one of the best to reference a wide spectrum of issues facing all animal agriculture.
Please start here to educate yourselves.

One of the first things you must know as a producer is that there are two terms that sound alike but are extremely different. Educate yourselves on the differences.

(Please note the connection of Global Animal Partnership or GAP to HSUS.  Are you a producer participating in the GAP program?  Are you aware of the connection to HSUS?)

Coming Up Next Time..."Understanding California's Prop 2 and Missouri's Prop B" and what the outcomes of those measures means to all animal agriculture.In The Beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment