Saturday, November 19, 2011

Avalos, HSUS, Sarah C. and HOPE

Sorry to keep you hanging again, but I do have another life and duties we're mounting sky high.
Today I want to make some clarifications on Edward Avalos' signing off on the Department of Agriculture's Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) animal welfare scientific forum.
 I have the documents on a pdf file but can't get them to stick to a link, so will direct those in question to  Senator Moran's website and AgriPulse
Just a reminder the persuasion of USDA's new hire, Sarah Conant;   Hidden Agenda?;   "For Instance"; and
On The Fast Track.  This is redundant info, but speaking on my behalf...farmers and ranchers need redundancy-anyway I do.
Honorable Under Secretary of Ag, Edward Avalos, appears to be a very fair person and truly concerned about the livelihoods of farmers and ranchers.  It is my hopes that he would take another look at his decision on the scientific forum.
Since I last posted I've been given a ton of helpful information from a friend and colleague and will be sifting through it so I can share.
I'm afraid Pandora's Box is being opened before our eyes...but... even after all the evils from that box were released, HOPE remained. So, I'll remain hopeful that the lives and jobs of traditional animal agriculturists along with our children and grandchildren's heritage, will be preserved.  While remaining hopeful I'm still going to persuade each and every animal ag producer, hunter and landowner to educate themselves, make their concerns known, and hold their elected official's feet to the fire.

I'm still gathering information on ICLEI and it's ties to our Conservation/Sustainable/ Green/ Environmentally Friendly Programs.  This is going to be a tough one to write as it deals with friends who are in the middle being used as global conduits...perhaps unknowingly?  Some toes will be stepped on, but this information must be laid out to land owners and producers.


No comments:

Post a Comment